(Gone) Ruby’s Silver Diner
Ruby’s Silver Diner: This diner was constructed in 1936 using a passenger car purchased from the Delaware and Hudson Railroad. Owner Dominick Cecilian had to cut the car apart and reassemble it in a different configuration in order for it to fit on the foundation. He opened the diner on Election Day, 1936. Rubin Michelson, the present owner and our host for lunch, purchased the business in 1975 after operating a restaurant at the corner of State Street and Erie Boulevard £or many years.