11 May 1038-40 State Street
(Gone) Johnston-Tongue Motor Company
Located next door to a former Studebaker dealership is this two-story pressed brick building which was constructed in the late 1920s as the Johnston-Tongue Motor Company, a Nash dealership. It became Cummings Chrysler-Plymouth by 1940 and continued that use through the 1950s. Note the extensive use of glass block on the second floor.