Seated at the top of the former RCA building since 1958 is Nipper, perhaps the most distinctive example of outdoor art of the automobile age in Albany. over 25 feet tall and weighing 4 tons, Nipper, the symbol of the Victor Company since the 1910s, was built by the W. L. Stansgaard Company of Chicago for this location. He has a steel skeleton and a special composition exterior, according to a 1958 newspaper article, and was shipped on flat cars in five sections. Upon his arrival in Albany, he was erected by James McKinney & Canpany, an Albany structural steel company located just south of this site and dating back to the 1850s. They used a ten-story crane to haul the dog to the top of the building.