25 Apr 630 Columbia Turnpike
(Gone) Catalpa Garden Cabins
Constructed c. 1935 by Harvey Taylor, this restaurant and cabin complex offered Gulf gasoline, rooms (presumably in the house), cabins with running water, a light menu and a public telephone in 1936. By 1945, all seven cabins had been 9 constructed, by then with private toilets and showers. The gasoline business was discontinued and pumps removed in the mid-1950s. The cabins and lunch room operated through 1982. The cabins remain in good repair and retain a high degree of integrity with their original shiplap sheathing, porches, and gable roofs with hexagonal black and green asphalt shingles.