The block of Central between Partridge Street and Manning Boulevard qualifies as the block with the highest concentration of auto-related businesses on the Avenue. The architectural integrity which remains varies, but here is a rundown of the establishments that once existed:
New York State Automobile Rationing Committee
Constructed in the late 1910s as Central Auto, this building was eventually listed as a Dodge and Plymouth dealership. In 1945, it housed the New York State Automobile Rationing Coounittee, and from c.1950 to the late 1970s, it was the home of John D. Wendell, Cadillac. It was recently insensitively altered into a post office branch, which obliterated its architectural character.