Harry Witte, Oakland and Pontiac
Constructed in the late 1920s, this three-story pressed brick and concrete building originally housed Harry Witte, Oakland and Pontiac. From about 1940 until the late 1950s, it was a Nash dealership under the names of Hakes & Magee and later Hakes and LeBourveau. Lafayettes were also sold here in the early ’40s. Just a few years ago, the building was adapted for the offices and studios of WAMC, the local National Public Radio affiliate.