20 Apr 1201 Broadway
Albany Rail Company Streetcar Shed
This massive brick building was constructed in the 1890s by the Albany Railway Company to house electric streetcars. It is the sole survivor of three such buildings which occupied this site. Ironically, construction of a spur of Interstate 90 in the late 1960s displaced the United Traction Company, successor to Albany Railway, from its office and bus garages here.